Ready to go to the Dominican Republic with Ben Bourgeois?
Here’s how each package breaks down:
Day 1: Fly in to POP – Surf or kite that afternoon. Stay the night at The Millennium in Cabaret.
Day 2: Head to the DR surf hut and get settled in for the next 4 days of surfing, SUP, kiting and a deluxe camping adventure on private property.
Day 6: Head back to Cabarete to stay at the Millennium where we will relax and surf or kite. Hit the town on your last night if you desire, or just take it easy and enjoy the Caribean vibes.
Day 7: All flights leave in the afternoon so prepare for a morning surf session, then a little shopping around town and finally head to the airport around 1pm.
CONTACT JOSH FOR PRICE PACKAGES
Your weekly package includes:
- pick up and drop off at airport
- Full time driver
- All meals at the DR surf hut
- Brand new Stand up paddle boards at your disposal
- Surf coaching with Benny B
- Two guides – Benny Bourgouis and a Dominican local with us at all times
- Full time security guard at the Hut
- 2 night stay at millennium with a welcome drink
- Rum and beer while at the DR Surf Hut (beer will always be ice cold)
- Trips to the many fresh water springs
We are accepting groups of 4 people max! Space is limited
Your weekly package DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Dinner or any another meal at Millennium (Cabarete has many options for food)
- Surfboards and kites are not included (Unless you ride the same dimensions as Benny B!) He has
- plenty of boards down there)
- Fishing trips
Spear fishing, horseback riding, swimming and jumping off the cliffs at the natural springs just minutes from the hut! Pete Dye Golf course is 30 minutes away. This is an incredible course right on the ocean. A 20 minute drive from The hut is the town of Cabrera which is filled with resturants and bars.
More info about the Hut
The hut was hand built by the local people from the near by village. It sleeps four comfortably and has fresh running water. There is no electricity. I call it glorified camping. The hut is at the top of the point and catches a breeze from all angles so it can even get a bit chilly at night. There is also perfect grass areas for camping in a tent if you enjoy that. We have 24 hour security on the property.
For those of you who do not want to stay in the Hut and would prefer a hotel there are two to chose from 10 and 20 mins away that have AC swimming pool etc. We can arrange a driver to pick you up first thing in the am and you can use the Hut as a home base during the day.
You can also dive with the local spear fisherman and see your food being caught or pick a fish out when he comes in and put it straight on the grill.
Some of the surrounding surf breaks are protected from the wind. Most people think DR is blown out but we have a spot that is 30 mins away that has some protection and stays clean even on the windy days.
We do not supply kite equipment or spear fishing equipment or surfboards!
We can arrange breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hut a day in advance.
- Breakfast is 5 dollars
- Lunch and dinner is 10 dollars
- fish and lobster can be a bit more!
- There are a number of small local style restaurants a short drive away
There are two major airports. Puerto Plata [POP] and Santo Domingo [SDQ] Both airports are roughly the same distance from the Hut.
- Samana AZS is 35 minutes from the hut, but very hard to get flights to here
- There is a direct flight from JFK
- Puerto Plata POP is 2 hours to the hut, and you can surf on the way
- Santo Domingo SDQ is 2 hours to the hut, and probably has the most options
Our driver and guide picks up and drops off all guests!